Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Art & Scripture

Makoto Fujimara, an accomplished and well-known contemporary artist in New York, has recently released an amazing project called "The Four Holy Gospels".  He has "illustrated" the four gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John - using his art.  An introductory video is posted below.  Many of you may have seen this, but I wanted to make sure you did!

I love the part in the beginning where they speak about the line between worship and art, saying that the modern view is that you cannot do both together.  But with this project, Makato proves that you can.  The result is "connecting truth to beauty."  

May I never separate my "jobs" as mom, wife, homemaker, and songwriter from worship.  May it all be worship!  When I write a song, when I change a diaper, when I make a meal, when I run an errand, may it all be worship.  May I connect truth to beauty and beauty to my everyday and my everyday back to truth.


Makoto Fujimura - The Art of "The Four Holy Gospels" from Crossway on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment