Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Walking Girl!!

Ellie took her first steps on March 14, about a week and a half after her first birthday!  She's been really cautious since then, not ever wanting to do it - especially not on cue.  But, the last few days, I think she's realized that walking is pretty cool and has been doing it a lot. :)

I finally was able to get a few steps on video the other day.  When you watch it, please ignore my screaming.... I mean, wow, can you say excited, obnoxious mom?

When I see Ellie walk, and especially when she walks toward me, this wonderful sense of joy and excitement and delight wells up in me.  I scoop her up and hug her and say in that high-pitched, excited-mommy voice, "GOOD JOB!  You did it!".

Do you think this is how God feels when He sees us doing something that He created us to do, especially when its risky?  I wonder...



PS - The couple in the video are our good friends (and soon-to-be neighbors!) here in Tyler, Carolyn and David.  Ellie LOVES them, and she loves their son Hutch.

5 comments:

  1. Caroline- Not sure how I found your blog or music, but stumbled upon it and am VERY happy that I did! I have played the "Woman on the Roof" song for my husband and several friends and we're all trying to figure out why you're not on the radio. LOVE love love your music. Authentic, raw, and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- and baby girl is adorable. And, yes, I do think the Lord has a similar reaction when we do something he created us to do. It would be wonderful if I could do those things more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, thank you for reading and for saying hi! So glad you are encouraged by some of the songs I've been writing. I don't know how you came across them either, but I'm so glad you did too! Let me know if you have any requests for the scripture to music project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline:

    Don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting, but I am one of the elders at Bethel. I also work for the Children's Advocacy Center of Smith County. We are going to be a part of community event on May 11. We need to bring a talent to represent our agency. Was wondering if you would consider singing on behalf of the Center. If interested, call me at 903-533-1880 - Jason Isham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, I'm all about this type of stuff. Thank you for thinking of me. I'll give you a call!

    ReplyDelete