Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Visit from Aunt Haley

My sis Haley arrived on Wednesday night to help with Ellie and just left today.  It was so fun to have her here and she was so helpful! Did you know that you can use a hair dryer to get a baby to sleep?  Me neither.  Did you know that it is possible to give a bath in less than 3 minutes?  Me neither!  Did you know that you can hold a baby and do laundry or make coffee at the same time?  Whaaat?!    


Haley also informed me that babies are calmed by pirates!  [Aargh!] 
No, not really... she poked a hole in her cornea with a makeup brush a couple of days before she came and was still in recovery/blind with a super-dilated eye and, therefore, had a sweet eye patch. :)

Haley loved on Ellie a lot, and she really encouraged me as I adapt to this new role.

One of my favorite moments was yesterday when we went on a hike at Ravenswood Park, which is just a few miles from where we live.  Did I mention how awesome it is where we live?

We played a little Wii last night.  Here is Haley playing with her sunglasses because of her still super-dilated eye.  This is right before I whooped up on her in tennis, bowling, and golf.

We will miss you, Aunt Haley!

1 comment:

  1. I loved getting to see you as a mom Caroline. You are doing a great job with sweet Ellie. Thanks for letting sharing her with me!!

    ReplyDelete