Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In the Line of Fire

Warning: this post may contain content that some might call objectionable or just plain gross. 
But we think its funny :)

Q: What do the following things have in common?

My leather purse
Our bedspread
The changing table
The rug
Ellie's sock
The diaper bag
My hand
A pillowcase
A: Absolutely nothing, right?  Wrong.

All of these seemingly unrelated items do have this one thing in common: they were all in the line of fire yesterday when I experienced my first real projectile poop moment with Ellie (mom, this was even more amazing than the one we experienced together).  

Yes, aaaall of them.  

And there was some definite force behind it too, because it went at least 4 feet...and I'm not even exaggerating!  It also went in two different directions.  Again, I am not exaggerating (although I have no idea how it's even physically possible).  I didn't even realize that it had gone in two directions until about an hour later when I was standing by the bed and saw that our bedspread had been hit... er, more like splattered.       

Aaaah, life.  Just thought I'd share.

6 comments:

  1. so sorry Caroline, but what a fun memory to look back & laugh. Didn't know sweet Ellie had so much power to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! I just read this to Michael and he is gagging! He has soooo many fun baby poop moments to look forward to. I just need to convince him that changing diapers is both a mother AND father duty :)
    And I love your birth announcement! Ellie is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry says it sounds like you're having an awesome experience having kids! And that you sound ready to have more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poor pillowcase. Haha! Ellie's poop kind of made a haiku! I love you and hope to be around soon when she has another moment. I want to help you clean it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megs - I am not so sure :) That would mean multiple projectile poops. And can anyone really be ready for that?! Katie - get ready! you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had that exact same experience last week. I had no experience with projectile poop until now!

    ReplyDelete