Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Boston Bucket List: Maine!

Nick and I wrote out a "Boston Bucket List" of things we want to do (and eat!) one more time before we leave here in June:

  
This past Friday, Nick surprised me by planning one last trip up to Maine for us.  He has heard me talk about this place called Red's Eats ever since we did our Maine trip back in August of 2008.  First of all, as a Texan, I had no idea what a lobster roll was until we moved up here.  But now I do.  And I've tried a few.  And Red's Eats is hands down the best I've ever had!  

On our way up, we stopped in Portsmouth, NH to have some coffee and breakfast in Market Square.

Then, we stopped in Portland, ME to feed Ellie.  We found this park right off the highway.

I couldn't resist the cheek squeeze.

And then we made it to Red's Eats!

And I was happy.

Boston Bucket List... one more trip up to Maine for a lobstah roll.

Check.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, being a Maine lover (esp the midcoast region), I've been through Wiscasset many times and I had no idea that Red's was known for their lobster rolls... I'll be visiting them next time we're up in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Nick, surprising you!!! I love your bucket list and that looks delish. And, those cheeks...so precious, can't wait to meet Ellie this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the way to Portland and no "Friendly Toast?" dang... It was our favorite spot of all times!

    Y'all look cute. Happy. Excited. :) Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Friendly Toast? I think Nick might take his parents there tomorrow! Sadly, I'll be working.

    Shelby - you should definitely go to Red's! They put so much lobster in the roll, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Portland! Was there for 2 years in grad school. Great lil city to visit and walk around... in case you go back - take the walk thru the city down by the water... you can hit all the shops and FOOD :o)
    Flatbread pizza was one of our FAVS along with Gritty McDuffs for good pub food and BEER. <3

    Memorieeeeeeeeeeeeeeees...

    ReplyDelete