Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Boston Bucket List: The Cow, Burritos, and the Woods

 The Boston Bucket List is complete and we are in Texas!  I can't believe it.  I'll post more about our move later, but let me just say really quickly that we are very thankful for our awesome friends who loaded up the whole truck for us and for Nick's parents who have really helped us get settled.  

But back to the Boston Bucket List... 

Last Monday night, we went to The Black Cow with the Morgans, the Hicks, the Pages, and some friends of the Morgans who were in town (we missed you Catlins!).  We really love and will miss The Cow... such a great place to sit back, talk and relax with good friends.  

Last Tuesday was my last day of work in the Admissions Office at GCTS, which obviously meant that we had to go to Chipotle for big, fat burritos :).  My job at Gordon-Conwell was definitely a highlight for me during our time up in Boston.  I'll miss interacting with prospective students and with my awesome team.  We even dressed alike, almost to the point of having a dress code - long necklaces, jean jackets, and hopefully coordinating colors.  Nerds.


Ok, honorable mention Bucket List time... Chik fil A!!!  Every Tuesday night.  Buy one get one free.  
So we were there.  Yes, every Tuesday night.  We will miss you manager Brian and Chik fil A faithful.


And finally, the woods.  The beautiful Chebacco Woods.  Miles and miles of trails just a quick one minute jog from our front door.  When we first moved to New England, I'd go running and kind of get lost and see no one for miles, and it felt great.  I kept running (and then walking when my big prego self could no longer run) throughout our whole time at GCTS.  Being surrounded by nature and quiet, being completely alone, and feeling like I was "exploring" something was calming and exciting and cathartic for me.  On Wednesday before we left, Ellie and I headed to the woods for one last walk with Erin (a.k.a. Flare) and it was great!  Good conversation with a best friend in a beautiful place.  

Here are some pictures from another walk in the woods back in the winter.  I was like 8 months pregnant and it was a little slippery on the ice... but never fear, I stayed upright. :)  Side note: during another winter walk at a non-prego time I walked out to the middle of a frozen pond.  What an awesome experience especially for a Texan!  Standing on ice!!! I later excitedly told Nick all about it... but I got into trouble.  I see his point now... if I had fallen in that would have been quite the pickle.  :)


The Boston Bucket List?  Check!!!  Woo hoo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love that - Chik Fil A! People up here know among my idiosyncrasies I'm the mom who never does fast food, not even Chik Fil A, poor little A&J! So how are we related?? I love that you even know the manager!

    Have really, really enjoyed your blog. So fun to be able to get to know your life as it has been. What a great group of people; you'll always remember. It's a new fun adventure that begins now...

    ReplyDelete