Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The First Concert Since Ellie

This past Wednesday night, I played a concert at KE Cellars in Tyler, Texas.  This was my first concert since I was 7 months pregnant with 6 month old Ellie, which means it was my first concert in 8 months (yay for my math skills and knowledge of the gestational period... and yay for me knowing big words like "gestational").
My last concert pre-Ellie.  Look at that belly!  Gotta love the profile shot.
[Shout out to Sam Stuntz on bass]
KE Cellars is an awesome venue - it's all about wine and wine tasting there, the room is decorated with old wine barrels, and they even have wine on tap (so cool!).  I'm excited to play at this place again. 

This concert was fun for several reasons.  For one, I really loved getting to play again after my Ellie hiatus.  It felt good to be up there.  Second, it was great to have new friends from Tyler, our new home, come out in support.  It's amazing that we've only been here for a few months and yet there were lots of people there.  Third, I got to play a LOT of songs since I had a three hour set (whew!), including some old ones that I've never recorded, and some covers by Patty Griffin, Gillian Welch, Ingrid Michaelson, Bob Dylan, and others!  (By the way, love me some Patty.  Could do all Patty covers, but that would be kind of weird).

Anyway, I had a ton of fun at this concert.  So much fun that I didn't have the presence of mind to ask anyone to take pictures or video.  Luckily, Nick's Aunt Toni snapped one from her iPhone:
The only pic from the night!  Thanks Aunt Toni!

No comments:

Post a Comment