Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

An Extraordinary Life?, Part 2

I feel like I need to clarify a post from earlier in the month.  In it, I mentioned that I wanted to stop focusing so much on doing big, "extraordinary" things for God and start focusing on being extraordinarily faithful.  Extraordinarily faithful in the unobserved and ordinary moments.

I don't mean that it's wrong to chase a dream, to create, to imagine.  In fact, I'm all about those things! I feel so alive when I am crafting a song.  I dream about The Scripture to Music Collective becoming a movement.  I take little steps to chase my dream of becoming a songwriter, like submitting songs to contests and working at it as often as I can so that I can write a better song.

But where things get twisted for me is when it becomes about ME.  About making a name for myself.  About doing something "extraordinary" in the eyes of the world.  About being discontent with my life because I'm not "there" yet.  

But if I'm always living for "there", then I'll never be fully here. 

I have been really content lately (not the norm!).  Content with writing songs because I love it.  Putting them out there in the hopes that they'll encourage someone, but trying not to worry about how many people actually listened.


I think I've been more content because I'm trying not to view songwriting as a ticket to "there" but as part of who God made me to be... right HERE.


Do you agree?  Disagree?

Here is a video of the song I wrote about this, mentioned in the last post...


Lyrics:

No comments:

Post a Comment