Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Thankful: #51-#70

As part of my "30 things to do before 30" list, I'm keeping a running list of everyday things I am grateful for.  It helps me be more fully aware of the daily gifts that God gives, and all the sacred moments in a normal day.  Inspired by Ann Voskamp's 1,000 gifts project and my friend Kit.

51. Playing chase with Ellie
52. Finding NPR on the radio
53. Finally being able to record again after being sick for 3 weeks
54. Opportunity to sing for the women at church
55. A talk reminding of why it's important to write songs
56. Unexpected flowers from my sweet dad

57. Laughing at a stupid movie with my husband - "I love lamp." & "Loud noises!!" - do you know which one it is?
58. "His nearness is our good"
59. The way Ellie waves bye-bye, floppy hand style
60. The way she's needing her mom lately
61. The all-day anticipation of a date night
62. Unexpected flowers from my husband

63. Handmade Valentine's cards

64. The way she rests her head on me in her shy moments
65. The clutch of a little hand on my arm as she sits on my hip
66. A breakfast & lunch date - all in the same day
67. Saturday lunch in the park
68. Ellie's smiles as she swings
69. Playing with the band yesterday morning
70. The hard lessons I learned in the year after college, and the way they can encourage someone now.

2 comments:

  1. I know it’s not Ann’s Multitude Monday anymore – it’s Thursday – but there are just a whole lot of gratitude lists to get through!

    First – my fave from your list was ~70. The hard lessons I learned in the year after college, and the way they can encourage someone now. (It’s so true – we can’t help those who suffer unless we have ourselves suffered – God bless you for using your hurt to help)

    And I just prayed for your hubs and the team – and for you and the little one.

    Thank you for this – made me smile.

    God Bless you and all of yours this day.

    ReplyDelete