Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nick's going to Sierra Leone!

Today (Tuesday), Nick and 5 others from our church are heading to Sierra Leone, a small country in west Africa that is still trying to rebuild after years of civil war.  

Our church has a partnership with a church in Freetown, and the group hopes to bless that church through pastoral training, a women's conference, preaching at 3 church services on Sunday, and helping them think through some sustainable small business options.  

You might have to zoom in, but the picture below gives a lot more detail on what they'll be doing, and how you can pray. 


In the meantime, I'm headed to Houston and then to Dallas to connect with friends and family.  I get to play a concert in Houston on Thursday, and I get to go to a songwriting conference with Charlie Peacock on Saturday in Dallas (thanks to my sister who is babysitting and my mom who is driving up to Dallas with me to help me with Ellie!).  How cool is that?

Nick and I are both excited about our trips, but I think Ellie and I are especially going to miss having Nick around here.  Reading between the lines, that means I am especially going to miss having Nick around to help me with Ellie! :)  But, of course, I'm also just going to miss having him here - many of you know that when your husband or wife leaves for a long trip, and you can't talk to him/her on the phone, it's like walking around with a missing limb.

Please do pray for Nick and his teammates if you think about it.  And pray for me and for Ellie as we trapse across Texas and miss Nick.  We are really going to be excited to have him back home on Thursday, March 3.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Caroline! All this is so wonderful. I love hearing all that you're doing.
    The song writing conference sounds amazing! My dear college roommate and her husband are friends with Charlie Peacock...her rehearsal dinner was at his house! I've heard he is just an amazing person.
    Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, kit! So cool that your college friend is so close with Charlie (we are on a first name basis, although he doesn't know it yet. Thanks for being excited for us... I'm already missing nick a lot, but I'm trying to keep us busy (can you tell?!). I will send some Houston humidity your way to melt that snow. It was 80 today...

    ReplyDelete