Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Come Awake

To celebrate Holy Week, I am going to try to post a video a day, similar to the one below.  I hope it helps you dwell on what was accomplished for us on that Sunday so many years ago. 


If the message of Easter is true, if Jesus' resurrection laid sin and death in the grave, then why do we often live as if it's not true - as if those things never happened?  Shackled, sleepy, and bored.

There is a great song called "Christ is Risen" by Matt Maher, and my brother-in-law Rob's company Igniter Media did an amazing video using it.  Re-watching it just now filled me with hope and excitement for Sunday morning.  Seriously, make sure you watch til the end.

I love the last part: "O Church, come stand in the light.  Our God is not dead; He's alive!"

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that awesome video Carol. I love it when we sing that song at church--it always brings me to tears and I feel like I am preaching a little sermon to my soul to come awake.
    You encouraged me this morning!
    Love you,
    Flare

    PS I loved seeing sweet Charly and Ridge's faces at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Flarey, so glad it encouraged you. :) Oooh I hope we sing this at church soon! I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So needed to see and hear this today, thanks friend. :) I put it on my blog too - hope you don't mind. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I don't mind at ALL Erica! I'm so glad. I love you.

    ReplyDelete