Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Halfway!

I can't believe I actually get to write this post!  I am really excited to let you know that I am HALFWAY DONE with my goal of writing a song for every book of the Bible by my birthday on 11/11/11.

This Thursday, May 12, I'll post a song from Job on The Scripture to Music Collective site.  This song will be the 35th song that I've posted and the book of Job is the 33rd book of the Bible from which I've written a song this year.  

Sometime this week or next, I'm going to post a really big "SALE" of all of my music to celebrate getting to the halfway point, so be on the lookout!!  The Scripture to Music Project has kept me very busy and I had no idea what I was getting into when I said I would do this.... BUT I have found great joy and purpose in telling God's Story again through songwriting.  

I did hit a wall just a few weeks ago, and felt really down and overwhelmed.  I couldn't think of any melodies, and songwriting was draining me rather than energizing me like it usually does.  I felt like I was fighting with the songs - wrestling with them - instead of having them come naturally and shaping them like a sculptor might shape and mold his clay.  

In an especially down moment, I did something that I - unfortunately - had not done much of lately regarding this project: I prayed...."God, would you just give me a song.  Let me decrease, and you increase.  I'm sorry that I've made this about me."    

It was really crazy, and it was an answer to prayer, but I had a major breakthrough that same week... I finished two songs that I had been "wrestling" with and I recorded those two and two others within the few hours that Ellie was at Mother's Day Out. 

This has been an amazing experience so far and, although I've never celebrated my half birthday before, I am definitely celebrating this one!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! That's so exciting Caroline. :) I'm so impressed with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats caroline! so proud of you! and happy mother's day to a wonderful momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, friends! Mandy, you are one of my inspirations!

    ReplyDelete