Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Meaning Behind the Songs: "Let Me Be" (#5)

Listen to "Let Me Be" or see the lyrics.

Like "Dark" and "Free," this song came out of my time in Dallas.  I think I would be totally repetitive to tell you the story behind this song, since I've kind of already done that twice...  :)


But let me share at least this... this is one of my favorite songs to sing live (along with maybe "Next Year" - #13)!  It's comfortable and familiar and, even more important, I really get to feel it every time I sing it.  I get to feel that angst and darkness that I felt during that hard time in my life.  The song is kind of gritty and raw and dramatic, and I like that too.

Hope you guys are liking these posts!  It's good for me to think through where these songs came from, because they live and breathe on their own now and I sometimes forget the meaning and the context behind them...

No comments:

Post a Comment