Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Meaning Behind the Songs: "Dark" (#4)

Listen to "Dark" or see the lyrics.

I wrote this song just last year, but it looks back on our time in Dallas... my first year out of college, my first year working (and working really long hours), and my first year married.  It was - you guessed it - kind of a dark time for me.  

I actually have already written a bit about it already in this post on the song "Free".  The first line of the second verse - "I'm losing myself, that's how I feel" - really sums up that time.  I couldn't figure out who I was, because all of the things that I had put my identity in were definitely crumbling away.


And what was I left with?  Pretty much just a desperation for God to step in and rescue me from all these lies I was believing about my situation, even though I would probably fight Him when He did.

And that's what the prayer is all about at the end of the song... 

No comments:

Post a Comment