Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Due Date!

My sister called me this morning to wish me a "happy due date" and I just cracked up laughing.  It's like my birthday or something! Woo hoo!

Yes, today is the big 4-0.  Weeks, that is.  The day we've been anticipating.  The day when nothing akin to labor will happen?  Most likely. :)

Quick update...We saw the doctor yesterday, and I'm now 1 cm dilated.  She also [earmuffs, guys] "stripped my membranes."  Feeling crampy, but I've been feeling like this for a week and a half already.  She said if she were to put a "Vegas bet" on it, Itty Bitty would come on Monday.  We like the sound of that, actually!  A few more days to recover from surgery, but not too many!  Plus, Auntie Flare will be home from her wedding, and my mom and dad bought a flight for the 9th.  We have an ultrasound on Monday, and another doctor's appointment for next Thursday.  They said if I go past next Sunday (10 days), they'll think about induction.


In other news, Nick is less greasy because he got to take a shower today.  Happy Shower Day to you, Nick!  He is taking it very easy and is pretty limited in his motion, but the sciatic pain is still keeping its distance.  There have been some spasms in his left leg (something that used to happen when the nerve was pinched), which is kind of scary, but we're hoping it's a normal nervous system reaction and not an indication that the surgery didn't work.  We're still very optimistic, and so thankful that we got to have the surgery!  We took some pics of the stitches, but I decided it was a little gross for the blog.  If you like looking at that sort of thing, I am happy to e-mail them your way. :)

I've been working a little bit, we've been eating some food and hanging out, but we've mostly been doing a whole lot of this to pass the time...     


Yes, that's Annie you see there at the top.  And the Sound of Music.  I told Nick he needs some classic movie education and I'm making it happen because he's a captive audience.  I mean, how has he not seen Annie, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, etc?!  For every 3 or so cool/indie/foreign/award-winning type of films, we're gonna watch something classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment