Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

She's on her way!

Woah.  I can't believe that's the title of this post!

I called the on-call nurse this morning because I thought I might be leaking some amniotic fluid (i.e. we thought my water might have broken).  Nick actually made me do it, because I'm super scared of being that high maintenance pregnant girl that calls about everything.  Nick reminded me that this is kind of a big deal.  Oh yeah.  :)

Still, we were pretty sure it was nothing.  But, they wanted us to come into the hospital to get things checked out anyway.  It turns out that my water did, in fact, break!  Aaah!  I actually think it started leaking last night around 8 pm.  They said that usually, babies come within 12-24 hours of that first leak.  Still, I'm only about 2 cm and 50% effaced, with just irregular contractions, so I'm not quite in active labor yet.  They said I was welcome to stay and wait it out, or we could go home and see how things progressed from here.  If the contractions aren't 5 min apart by 6 pm, they want me to go ahead and come back in... to stay.  They say she'll be born tomorrow.  Woah.

So, what did we do?  Eat!  At the Black Cow.  I've been craving the clam chowdah.  And now we're here at home waiting things out and timing these contractions. Hopefully our next post will be to introduce our daughter! 

6 comments:

  1. btw.... can my blog name be: suh stories? the alliteration just works soo well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more!!!! SOOOO EXCITED to hear more of God's goodness and faithfulness in your lives!!!!! Caroline!! You're going to do a great job!! Yay Nick too!!!! Praying for you guys today!!!! -chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!! Precious friend!! I can't believe it:) Praying for you!! CANNOT wait to hear the news that she is here!! So so excited for you and Nick. You will do great, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. exciting news... I'm glad you're waiting it out at home and enjoying some yummy chowdah. Just try and relax through those strengthening contractions and let 'em serve to open ya right up!

    I pray that you have a good birth experience and look forward to seeing pics of Itty Bitty Smitty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're praying for you Caroline and Nick! Can't wait to see photos of your wee baby girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations you guys!!!! Can't wait to meet your little Ellie!

    ReplyDelete