Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

We &#9829 Texas

Nick and I have been talking lately about how we are really grateful to be in Texas again, even though we definitely do miss our life (especially our friends!) in Boston.  Here's a quick list of 5 things we're super grateful for... or, as correct grammar would have me say, "things for which we are super grateful." 


#1 Having Family Nearby
What can I say?  We love getting to spend time with Debbie and Joe and Nick's sister Melissa and brother Michael here in Tyler, and it definitely doesn't hurt that Nick's parents are so kind and have babysat for us a lot!  So thankful for that, Debbie!  My sister and Nick's sister can drive 2 hours and *bam!* they're here.  My parents can hop in the car and come up for the weekend too (although it was a bit longer of a drive...)!



#2 The Lake - I think I had forgotten how much I love being on the lake!  We've gotten to go out on a boat almost once a week since we've been here, and it is so fun. 

# 3 Tex Mex - I'm not ashamed to tell you that we've eaten Tex Mex at least once a week since moving back.  Nope, not ashamed at all.


#4 Quick Trips to Dallas - I love that I can just hop in my car and drive a couple of hours to Dallas to visit friends and family there, pretty much anytime!  I've done this twice already... once I decided the morning of, and I was there by lunch!  Below: Ellie and Emily, Erin and me with Emily's son Sam, Amy and her boys meeting Ellie for the first time, and a quick pic at my sister's birthday dinner!



#5 New Friends
Although we miss having friends that know us really well and that we have a history with, it's been fun to meet new people here in Tyler.  We really like everyone we've met and have gotten to hang out with and are excited to get to know them better!   

1 comment:

  1. We totally have that swimmy thing to put our kids in too :)

    ReplyDelete