Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

A New Project I'm Dying to Tell You About!

Announcing The Scripture to Music Collective!
The Scripture to Music Collective is a brand new project I've been dreaming about, working on, and developing for several months. The idea is simple: that songwriters would put passages of Scripture to music, and would contribute those songs to a collective database online.  The goal is to have songs for every book of the Bible, and to keep going from there. 


My BIG Goal
I have have a goal to write a song or two for every book of the Bible by the time I'm 30 (on 11/11/11).  At least 66 songs in just about a year!  I've already started the process and it's been really fun and encouraging for me.  I'll be blogging about this, so be on the lookout! 

How an Individual Goal Became a Collective Project
This whole thing started off as something that I wanted to do for and by myself, but then I thought "Hey, this is much bigger than just me and it could really encourage the Church."  So, I started inviting songwriter friends to do it with me - they can contribute just one song or a bunch of songs - as many as they want - and they can contribute again and again over time. 

And guess what?  I already have two other songwriters roped in and we've already got 5 songs from 4 books: Genesis, Habakkuk, Luke, and Psalms.  Boy howdy! 

Hopefully, we'll see this lil' badge of honor on a bunch of songwriters' sites in the future!

Spread the Word about Scripture to Music (S2M)
I'd definitely like to expand this project and get people listening, so Tweet, Facebook, and Blog about it for me if you feel so inclined!  And invite some songwriter friends!  You can also grab the S2M button and put it on your website (I'm about to put it on my own little blog as well!) by going to the Scripture to Music site and getting the HTML code. 
 
This project is in its infancy, so, please, please, please let me know what you think of this project and give me as much feedback and constructive criticism as you can.  

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you Caroline... can't wait to get back to the house and see Elle!!

    ReplyDelete