Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Scripture to Music Update!

Whew!  I am really enjoying writing songs for the Scripture to Music project I told you about in the last post.  I have to write at least 66 songs - at least one for every book of the Bible - by the time I turn 30 on 11/11/11.  

Here's a quick update: 

The other night, I couldn't sleep so I wrote some words for a song from Song of Solomon (*blush*) at 2 AM (*yawn*) and then put it to music the next morning.  I also recently wrote a song for Numbers and Lamentations (did you know "desolate" loosely rhymes with "bitterness"?).  In the past month or so, I've written songs for Exodus (re: the Passover), Genesis (re: Abrahamic Covenant), 1 Samuel (re: Hannah), Ruth, Philippians, Colossians, and more.  I have little pieces of songs for Isaiah and Jeremiah.  I can't tell you how much FUN this is for me!!!   

**pause while I stop Ellie from eating the Jade plant**

A visual of my progress on the Scripture to Music project: at least 66 songs a year!!!

What I'm not enjoying?  Trying to figure out how to get my recording equipment running on a new computer!!  BLEH.

I love the feeling of having a song recorded, of having it "set".  I'd rather write than record any day of the week, but without recording a song, no one can hear it!  Needless to say, I have lots of need-to-be-recorded songs hanging over my head. Unfortunately, before I can record them there are drivers to be installed, and technical issues to work through.  I need a techy musician person to come over to my house, please.  

**pause to stop Ellie from eating the box of matches**

But I do promise you this: as soon as I figure all of this stuff out and start recording, you'll be the first to hear all of this new stuff!  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. 11/11/11 = you turning 30? Wow. What crazy timing!

    I'm loving this challenge, C. I think it's brilliant and I can't wait to see (I mean, hear) what comes from it! Rock on, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete